Making your girl feel loved or special does not have to be expensive; in fact, a little time and a little thought is likely to mean much more to her than something expensive off the shelf.
Luckily for you, I have even put the thought in for you so all you have to commit is a little time. Here are 5 ways to make that special someone feel as special as you think she is:
*I recon most of these would work on a special fella too but I have less experience in that department. Though, I know I would love it if someone too the trash out for me.
- Write her little messages saying what you love about her, or just saying something nice, and slip them into places she will find them: her pocket, her handbag, her lap top, or her gym bag.
- Choose a time each day and send her a cute text every day, just to let her know you are thinking about her.
- Do a chore for her without being asked. Just grab that bag of trash and take it out. It will take you 30 secs but mean the world to her.
- Think of something she loved from when you were first dating and get it for her again; did she love it when you got her a certain type of flower? Does she often talk about a cute thing you did when she is trying to show you off to your friends? Recreate that and tell her why you did it, remind her of that time she loved and make it a tradition.
- Tell your friends how great she is; if she is within ear-shot, she will love to hear you praising her, and if she is not, you will be surprised how quickly the fact you do tell the world how great she is filters through your friends and gets back to her.
Bonus point, and I think is probably the most useful of all: Read The 5 Love Languages (no affiliation); it is a short book that you can blitz in an evening. I was amazed by how it changed my thoughts on relationships and my part in them.
These are all simple, easy things. They take no time and are essentially free. The people in our lives, whether they be friends or loved ones, are the bed-rock of our personal happiness, and if for the expense of 5 minutes you can let them know you love them, you should.
A little time to make her feel loved will pay dividends for her happiness and yours.